Monday, June 6, 2011

Some Things Never Change!

It has just dawned on me...that I haven't changed much in my thought process....over the last few decades (OMG I'm old!)

When I was in school....MANY years ago...I had a certain way I started out my school year and my new classes.  I guess I didn't have much of a chance to try my new "process" until I reached what is now called "middle school".  It used to be Junior High School...grades 7th, 8th, and 9th.  Then, if we passed, we became freshman in High School

Anyway...the first quarter of each school year...from 7th through 12th grade .....I coasted......yep, doing JUST enough....JUST to see how easy that year was gonna be for me!  I was sometimes surprised...as in Intermediate Algebra in my junior year...WHOA....MUCH harder than Beginning Algebra in my freshman year (Geometry came inbetween the two in my sophomore year...I'd rather NOT talk about THAT class!).  Sometimes I could skate by with little studying...like English...and Drama (thank you Mr Curtis!) but, I confess, not as often as I would have liked!

Now, as a full-fledged adult (and then so) I find I'm doing the same thing again....coasting...checking out just HOW much I have to do to make the grade.  Over the last few decades (that word again) I've turned into a "photographer" of sorts.  I make photo-gift-cards and submit stock photos to several photo agencies.  I would explain what a "stock" photo is...but you're better off asking Google!  :)

As I was getting ready to submit some images to a new agency today...I was struck by the thought that I haven't changed much in all these years....I'm uploading some tried-and-true images that have worked for other agencies...and hoping they will be accepted!  Will they be good sellers?  Who knows...each agency is different...let's see if...by "coasting"......I can make the grade once again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment