Friday, June 3, 2011

Another Graduation at Hanna Boys Center!

I have spent the last 12 years as the Accounts Payable Finance Manager of the Hanna Boys Center in Sonoma California.  It certainly has not been my FIRST job...but it will probably be my LAST job.

Hanna Boys Center is a residential care center for "at risk" boys.  These boys come to us from different backgrounds and different needs.  I could go on and on about how they reach out to us and how we "accept" them.  They are special and they are awesome...and they all have a different story!

But my focus today...is the young men who have graduated and are moving on into the world.  Thanks to the overwhelming effort of our school Principal and the dedicated teachers (many who have been with us for many years)...we are now a fully accredited high school....no small feat...trust me!  We ARE the Hanna Hawks!

Our graduating ceremony is always thought-provoking and heart warming...(thanks so much in part to our Executive Director Father John Crews....he has a way with words)!  It is a ceremony that stands beside any graduating ceremony anywhere!  It is special!

I LOVE to see the celebration of the families as their boy's name is announced! The love and the pride that are expressed brings me such joy.  Very often, their son is the first in the family to get a high school diploma. A success for sure!

Thank you Hanna Boys Center....for the 12 years I have spent with you...and for humbling me every June...when I watch these boys graduate and go forth in the world...with faith, education, and caring!  These boys came to us broken...and we did our best to fix them...and we sent them out into the world with all our love and faith and support.....

No comments:

Post a Comment