Friday, March 25, 2011

Who's Diane?

Ok...I admit...I' m not as "social" as my husband.  I'm not UNsocial...I'm pretty friendly with  those who know me...and with whom I feel at ease.  But I'm NOT the kind who will stand in the street for a half hour and "shoot the breeze" about the weather and anything else that might come up..... like my husband will do. 

I'm sure the neighbors think I'm "strange"...but it's been that way for...well, forever!  I LIKE people...HONEST I do...some more than others. 

You know, when you get a bit "older", you kinda have to look at who you are...and look at yourself realistically and accept who you "are".  I have!  I'm NOT the person you're going to find standing in the street talking about whatever comes to mind....I'm gonna be the one who waves, says "hello", smiles, and moves towards the door of the house!

It's all well and good...that I'm that way...but it DOES cause problems when my husband talks about "the neighbors" and what's going on around us.  I've decided one of the reasons we're married...is because I am OBLIVIOUS to what is going on around us...and my husband is painfully aware of what's going on around us!  :)

He has a "way" of talking to people...especially women... women LOVE him...they think he's terrific...ha!  He's friendly, talkative, interested, and curious...and he flirts and doesn't even KNOW it!.  He knows EVERYONE in our neighborhood...what kind of car they drive....and their schedule....good thing, because I haven't got a clue!

He told me the other night that Diane (who's Diane?) took the car out for a few hours.  OK.  Apparently it was important.

So I've decided.....I think I should be more aware...and more friendly!! 

2 comments:

  1. Robb and I are just the same! We go somewhere, and I want to get right to my seat or table or whatever, and he has to "work the room" for a good 15 minutes. I often wonder if anyone takes offense to the fact that I'm really not all that social. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally hysterical posting! I think most couples can relate to your situation. It's funny, cause I usually have the mouthpiece, but when Doug starts... I can't get a word in sometimes. Very funny dynamics. And there's the part where he has to "translate" what I'm saying, cause I have so many thoughts coming out of my mouth at one time!!!

    ReplyDelete