Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Things I miss...sometimes...

1.   I miss playing "jacks" on my porch during a warm summer night with my friend Tia....
2.   I miss playing "4-square" in 6th grade...and beating almost everyone....
3.   I miss playing "tether ball" because I ALWAYS won...I was the tallest in my class...
4.   I miss the street on which I grew up...the wide flat street that made it easy to ride my bike...
5.   I miss "hop scotch" and the chalk I used to make the squares....
6.   I miss my childhood friends...Gary and Rusty and Tia and Billy and Dale.....
7.   I miss my 4-wheel skates and the key I wore around my neck...
8.   I miss my lavender bicycle I begged for and got one Christmas...
9.   I miss walking to school with my friends...
10. I miss my Dad teaching me the "box step" to the "Tennessee Waltz" when I was 8 years old...
11. I miss lying in my bed at night..with the door cracked open just enough for a little light to creep in and hearing my parents talking...and knowing I was safe from all the evils in the world....

I miss that part of me.....that little girl......sometimes.........
It was a time when all the pegs were round and all the holes were round...and everything seemed to fit!

3 comments:

  1. I love this! I miss things like that too!

    pkbailey@charter.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to giggle at 4square. It's such a different concept now! Soon our kids will consider it something from the history books. Kind of sad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4 square!! i LOVED 4 square! and the skates with the key, i completely had forgotten about those!!
    LOVE THIS!

    ReplyDelete