Thursday, February 17, 2011

Somebody should have told me!

Why didn't someone tell me being a parent...a "Mom" didn't end when my children turned 18 years old...the "legal" age of adulthood in this state..  Somehow I thought when my children turned 18 years old my job was done....I'd done what I could and I'd send them off on their merry way...their own journey....

I was wrong!  Nobody TOLD me I would be a "Mom" for the duration of my life.  That I would worry about, fret about, dream about, and cry about my children long after they left the "nest"....that I would do the same about my grandchildren.  It never ends!  I'm now convinced!  What "my" children didn't try or do during their growing years...my grandchildren are now trying or doing!  It's hard to keep up....

I can only "be there" with my experiences over the last almost 45 years (yes, April, it's getting close!) I've raised children.  I can only draw on my instincts, my gut feelings, and my love to help my children and my children's children make it through this "maze" of life. 

I often think of life as an obstacle course...like a video game...the object of which is to make it the end of the trail with all your facilities still in place!  I would do ANYTHING to guarantee that end for my children and my children's children and for ALL the children forever after.....

No comments:

Post a Comment