Saturday, February 19, 2011

Our "Early" Spring Break....

OK...we're going to Cabo San Lucas for a week.  We've never been there.  We've BEEN to Mexico...to Puerto Penasco...on the Sea of Cortez...during our Full-Time RV'ing life....a relatively nice place to visit....but B-O-R-I-N-G!  We like to "go" and "see" and "learn" and "experience"....not much of THAT there!  When we came back across the "border" into Arizona we said to each other..."Hummmm...no more Mexico for us!"

Now we have a "free" week" at a beautiful resort in Cabo thanks to our wonderful and much loved friend Jacque.  All we have to do is get both of us there...in one piece!

It's been a while since we (as in Hubby and me) flew anywhere.  Well, I flew to Houston a couple of years ago to visit our little "chick" and family who ended up there only because they kinda HAD to in order to further my son-in-law's career...and TOTALLY another story!  And when I flew by myself...I must say I was pretty good at getting myself around and figuring out just where I'm supposed to be at any given time.  I'm pretty self-reliant.  I have a business mind...I think that helps!  Maybe.

Ohhh...off the subject.  When we decided to take our friend's offer...the first thing we had to do was to get the Hubby some DRUGS!  He is NOT a "flyer" in any way, shape, or form.  He HATES it!  Me?  I'm not thrilled but I can do it MUCH better than him.  Thank you Kaiser Doc for giving him three little pills to help him over the hump...and giving ME a bit of relief...because otherwise I would have had  a 6 foot WAY over 21 yr-old BABY to deal with!

I am AMAZED at the "stuff" ya gotta buy for the trip!  We need this and that..and what about that other thing?  Can we take it on the plane?  Ohhhhh read the pages and pages of rules and regulations on what you CAN take and what you CAN'T take on the plane... or in your shoe, or on your body..or in your carry-on (and how big can THAT be?)...or in your "checked luggage????  Can you take "food"...in your carry-on (you bet I'm making Hubby take a BIG carry-on too!)...can you tuck a bottle of wine in your checked luggage?  Rules...too many rules!!

I'm really thinking that we should travel by plane waaaay more often..... so we have this down to a science!

I have our passports (not liking the differences in my picture in 20 years!), I have our credit cards, I have our money, I have MY eReader, and MY iPod, and MY cell phone, and HIS People and Cosmo....I pray it's enough!!

Wish us well...and yes, someone is watching our house and our Brat-Cat Chloe...so don't even think about it!

I'm putting my trust in the fact that all the pegs will be round and all the holes will be round.....and this will be a great "Spring Break"!! for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment