Sunday, May 8, 2011

Yes...I AM!!

I am a photographer.  It took me many years to learn just how to say that without choking on the words.  It took me many years to learn how to "believe" it myself.  I still have trouble....I'm my own worst critic!

Not long ago...in the process of meeting and finding common ground with someone who was "dating" a friend very close to my husband and me...and after being asked what I "do"....I blurted out "And, besides my day-job...I'm a photographer.".

I guess I can consider myself a "photographer"...I DO have a website through Etsy in which I sell my "photo gift cards"...and I DO submit my images to photo agencies....and have actually sold some!  BUT, alas, I still DO have a day-job...so you can guess from that fact...that I'm NOT living on my sole earnings from my photography!  Do I wish I was?  You bet!  Do I think I ever will?  Hummm...not so much!

I take pictures everywhere I go.  I just do.  It's just me.  My husband often finds that he's talking to himself...because I have stopped to take a picture!  It's in my DNA...since my Dad was a "photographer" as well.  My Dad did a LOT of things...photography was just one of them.  When he passed...I was left was tons of his slides taken over the years before I was born...and after.  My hope is to have them transferred to CD's...so they will live on...and, yep, maybe I can use them!

Oh, my dream?  To be a National Geographic Photographer....not so much for animals (close ups are not my strong suit)...but for the landscapes...the landscapes all over the world!  The beauty in the land...how can I show you the beauty in the land... 

I want to share with you...what I saw...at the moment I saw it....that is my dream and my prayer.....

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Yes, you are. When I first read the title "Yes I am", I thought ohhhh, no - she's doing a Melissa Etheridge, but then I read on! Love it & love you.

    ReplyDelete