Saturday, February 12, 2011

It's just me...

I don't know how long I've lived by this motto...the "Square Pegs and Round Holes" motto.  I mean, somewhere along the line I figured out that if all the pieces didn't fit or the "pegs" didn't fit in the holes...then probably (most likely) whatever I was trying to do wasn't the "right" thing to do.  "All Things Work Together for Good'...a truth I hold from my early days of Sunday School.  If I can't make the pieces fit easily...then I'd better take a look at what I'm trying to do. My theory, again, is if it's the RIGHT thing to do...then all of pieces will fit...and all the "holes" will match...and all falls into place with little effort.

I've tried to teach my children...four wonderful, beautiful, independent, amazing daughters, this motto of mine...I don't know that it's so "right"...I just know that it's my way of making sense of this world.  I think they "get it" sometimes.  At least they humor me...that's something!

This Blog is mine.  It's the thoughts in my head.  I'm a woman who is beginning the last third of her life.  What the heck happened to the FIRST two-thirds?  Damned if I know!  It went fast!

I have a different outlook on life now.,..it might be fun to explore it...I am WAY more willing to state my true feelings now...because I just don't care as much what other people think!  Well, maybe I still DO care what others think...but I care more what I think!

This might be a fun blog for those of us struggling with children (you NEVER stop worrying about them)  and grandchildren (oh great..you get to start all over!) and life in general (boy do things p..s me off more now!). 

Me?  I'm struggling with being a 45 year old in a 65 year old body!!  That's a whole new subject...and we'll get to that...soon!  I can't be the only one who feels like time is running out (trust me children..I have no immediate plans on leaving!) and that just "sucks"!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for finally doing this!! You are the wisest person I have ever met. I say this not just because you have raised me, but because I truly think you have a voice that can guide others. You have always lived life with one foot on the conservative side and the other foot on the rebellious side, not the norm for sure! I think we can all benefit and find something in common with your thoughts and insight. I'm so excited for this new journey! ~ your super proud daughter #2

    ReplyDelete